Thursday, May 27, 2010

Without Fear...

Who hasn't read the Frank Miller Daredevil run? Well, me until recently anyway. The run ended way before i started reading comics. First DD issue i read was from the first volume of the series, issue 301. DD versus the Owl.



I loved it! A lawyer-ninja-superhero-blind dude in a devil costume(my mom was kinda iffy about the costume but she got over it, hehehe...) is just cool! DD became my favorite superhero when i was a kid. Still holds true today. With that, here is my tribute to the Man Without Fear...

Initial concept (done on a piece of scrap paper, recycle!).


Used an actual church in Hell's Kitchen (Saint Malachy's Roman Catholic Church) as reference for this.



Painted on and off for a month. Ended up looking like this...


Daredevil: Without Fear by ~djlegaspi on deviantART

This was my second oil painting (click here for the first one), so it's still kinda rough. Will probably retouch this soon.

For more Daredevil info check out this awesome site... http://www.manwithoutfear.com

No comments: